- Aristotle (Harry) - Harry was the first born son and eldest of the Valentine children. He
was a skilled pilot, and their father was grooming him to take over the family business one
day. It was a role that would fall to Augie when Harry, Bambi, Drew, and their parents died.
- Ambrosia (Bambi) - Bambi was the first Valentine girl born in three generations. She
was her mothers pride and joy. She was also a skilled operator. As such, Bambi worked
very closely with her father. She was with him when they died.
- Andrew (Drew) - Drew was a rebel and a joker, and that made him the favorite of his
younger siblings. He was always bringing them souvenirs of his adventures. These
souvenirs were always useless junk, but to the younger children, they were treasures.
- Archimedes (Archie) - Augie is the oldest of the nine remaining Valentine siblings. He's
the boss at Valentine Recovery & Salvage... or so he claims.
- Duessa (Deuce) - The fifth of the Valentine children and the eldest living female, Duessa
acts as a mother to her seven brothers and sister... much to their continued annoyance.
She also served as the captain of the Chimera, VRS's custom built fast freighter.
- Amadeus (Amy) - Amy is the sixth child in the family. Until recently, he served as the
project manager for VRS, going out into the field to oversee operations. Since the
construction of the Chimera, Amy remained at the yard. Instead of overseeing operations
in the field, he now oversaw the company's finances. Most recently, he was arrested,
Tried, and convicted of the murder of Helmut Olech and is serving out a life sentence
without the possibility of parole on the Rock, a penal colony on one of the moons of Brahl
administered by Mamertine Penal Service, a division of Mythic Incorporated.
- Durante (Dante) - Dante is, as you might have guessed by now, the seventh child of the
Valentine family. He was the company's primary field operative. With the construction of
the Chimera, he was promoted to Project manager and oversaw the crew on all field
operations... a job that he absolutely despised. After the incident, he became captain of
- Andromeda (Andi) - Andi is the eigth child, second daughter, and first of the Valentine
twins. She has a naturally gifted mechanic. He siblings often say she gets along better
with machines than she does humans. She acted as the chief (and only) engineer aboard
the Chimera until the incident. She returned to Shepherd's Moon with Deuce to care for
her injured twin.
- Silvanus (Silas) - Silas is the second of the Valentine twins, which makes him the nineth
child... two facts Andi never lets him forget. Like Andi, Silas is also gifted, though his gift is
with computers. He was the crew's diver, gathering information from the CEA on their
clients and jobs until the incident left him severely debilitated.
- Tarek (Terry) - Terry isn't as gifted as Andi when it comes to machines, but he is still a
very competent mechanic. He's the shop foreman at the yard, overseeing the yard
monkeys as they tear down vehicles and try to salvage parts for resale.
- Montgomery (Gomer) - Gomer was always a special child, at least that's what most of his
siblings told him... and still tell him. His gift is thinking outside the box. Gomer has a
unique ability to make a three hundred credit repair on a thirty credit budget. That comes
in handy when you're fixing something, but is of limited value when you work for a
company that specializes in tearing things apart. He was the primary designer of the
Chimera, and became it's chief (and only) engineer of the Diplomacy.
- William (Jeep) - The youngest of the Valntine children, Jeep was only three years old
when their parents and older siblings were killed. He was raised by his brothers and
sisters while they were struggling to keep the family business afloat. Gomer has been
trying to teach him the business as best he can, but for now, Jeep is stuck doing the jobs
no one else wants to do. He's the only member of the family relegated to the role of shop
monkey, though he does get to be the head shop monkey.
- Location - Shepherd's Moon, orbiting the gas giant Trivers in the Danuan system
- Manfred Albrecht (Manny) - With Andy aboard the Chimera, the yard needed an
engineer of its own. Amy hired Manny to fill that role.
- Alphonse Kreiger (Fonzie) - Fonzie is one of the shop monkeys and Tarek's best friend.
- Jason Harring - Jason is another shop monkey.
- Theron Skyler (T.S.) - T.S. is the yard pilot. He brings the yard crew out to job sites and
tows in wrecks that can't get to the yard under their own power.
- Persephone Madori (Sephie) - The pilot of the Chimera
and the Diplomacy, she was hired by Dante, even though
ship operations is strictly Deuce's purview. Though she
was a skilled pilot, there was no question why Dante took
it upon himself to hire this sexy little firecracker.
- Lincoln Meyer (Link) - As you can imagine, the loss of
Silas hit the crew very hard. Though they were reluctant
to replace him, the crew was in need of a new diver. They
first encountered Link when he hacked into the ship's
computer core and took control of the ship's systems.
Eventually they tracked the young diver down. Rather
than kill him, like Monty wanted, Archer offered Link a
place on the crew.
- Mordecai Vance (Morty) - After the incident, Mickey
stayed behind to care for Silas, leaving the crew without a
medic. That quickly became an untenable situation in
their line of work. They tried to find a competent doctor to
join the crew, instead they ended up with Morty.
- Daelyn Everett (DeeCee) - DeeCee wasn't actually hired
to be a member of the crew. They met her during their
first job in the Empyrean System. At first she was viewed
as a necessary evil, but she has since demonstrated her
- Galatea (Tayah) - Galatea is a gynoid that the crew
"acquired" and modified to serve as a assistant.
- Brutus - Brutus is Sephie's cybernetically enhanced
guard dog. She and Dante took Brutus with them when
they escaped Elysium Station, and he's been part of the
crew ever since.
The "incident" left an indelible mark on Valentine Recovery and Salvage. Several members of
the crew were either dead of missing. Deuce gathered those that remained aboard the
Chimera and returned home to Shepherd's Moon. Though they are no longer active
participants in the chronicles, they remain valued, if missed, members of the Valentine
- Amos McShane (Mack) - When Dante was promoted to project manager, they needed
to hire new people to operate in the field. Mack was the first of those hires. Mack
tended to member of the crew until the "incident". Mack was among those lost during the
- David Nashlan (Nash) - Nash graduated second in his class from the flight academy.
He was Deuce's choice for the ship's pilot, but after loosing a flying competition to
Sephie, he became the its co-pilot instead. After the incident, he followed Deuce back to
Shepherd's Moon where he still serves as the primary pilot for the VRS salvage yard.
- Francis Corcoran (Corky) - Corky is the second member of the field team. Like Mack,
Corky tended to think with his fists. Unlike Mack, this was usually a matter of necessity
rather than personal preference. Also like Mack, Corky did not survive the incident.
- Mikayla Hunter (Mickey) - Mikayla was the last member of the crew to be hired. She's
the ship's medic, so technically she's a member of the operations team. Even though
Dante was in charge of operations, it was Deuce who hired Mickey... mostly to get back
at Dante for hiring Sephie. (For the record, Dante was more than happy to allow Deuce
to hire the medic in exchange for the hot young pilot.) When Silas's injury left him
severely debilitated, Mickey stayed behind to continue to care for him.