- Archimedes (Archie) - Archimedes is the oldest of the nine Valentine siblings. He's
the boss at Valentine Recovery & Salvage... or so he claims.
- Duessa (Deuce) - The second of the Valentine children and the eldest female, Duessa
acts as a mother to her seven brothers and sister... much to their continued
annoyance. She also served as the captain of the Chimera, VRS's custom built fast
- Amadeus (Amy) - Amy is the third child in the family. Until recently, he served as the
project manager for VRS, going out into the field to oversee operations. Since the
construction of the Chimera, Amy has remained at the yard. Instead of overseeing
operations in the field, he now oversees the company's finances. Most recently, he
was arrested, Tried, and convicted of the murder of Amsted Olech.
- Aramis (Dante) - Dante is, as you might have guessed by now, the fourth child of the
Valentine family. He was the company's primary field operative. With the construction
of the Chimera, he was promoted to Project manager and now oversees the crew on
all field operations... a job that he absolutely despised. After th incident, he became
captain of the Pygmalion.
- Andromeda (Andi) - Andi is the fifth child, second daughter, and first of the Valentine
twins. She has a naturally gifted mechanic. He siblings often say she gets along
better with machines than she does humans. She acted as the chief (and only)
engineer aboard the Chimera until the incident. She returned to Shepherd's Moon with
Deuce to care for her injured twin.
- Silvanus (Silas) - Silas is the second of the Valentine twins, which makes him the
sixth child... two facts Andi never lets him forget. Like Andi, Silas is also gifted, though
his gift is with computers. He was the crew's diver, gathering information from the CEA
on their clients and jobs until the incident left him severely debilitated.
- Tarek (Terry) - Terry isn't as gifted as Andi when it comes to machines, but he is still a
competent mechanic. He's the shop foreman at the yard, overseeing the yard
monkeys as they tear down vehicles and try to salvage parts for resale.
- Montgomery (Gomer) - Gomer was always a special child, at least that's what most of
his siblings told him... and still tell him. His gift is thinking outside the box. Gomer has
a unique ability to make a three hundred credit repair on a thirty credit budget. That
comes in handy when you're fixing something, but is of limited value when you work for
a company that specializes in tearing things apart. He was the primary designer of the
Chimera, and became it's chief (and only) engineer of the Pygmalion.
- William Raymond (Billy Ray) - The youngest of the Valentine children, Billy Ray was
only three years old when his parents were killed. He was raised by his brothers and
sisters while they were struggling to keep the family business afloat. Gomer has been
trying to teach him the business as best he can, but for now, Billy Ray is stuck doing
the jobs no one else wants to do. He's the only member of the family relegated to the
role of shop monkey.
- Location - Shepherd's Moon, orbiting the gas giant Trivers in the Danuan system
- Manfred Albrecht (Manny) - With Andy aboard the Chimera, the yard needed an
engineer of its own. Amy hired Manny to fill that role.
- Alphonse Kreiger (Fonzie) - Fonzie is one of the shop monkeys and Tarek's best friend.
- Jason Harring - Jason is another shop monkey.
- Theron Skyler (T.S.) - T.S. is the yard pilot. He brings the yard crew out to job sites and
tows in wrecks that can't get to the yard under their own power.
- Persephone Madori (Sephie) - The pilot of the Chimera
and the Pygmalion, she was hired by Dante, even though
ship operations is strictly Deuce's purview. Though she
was a skilled pilot, there was no question why Dante took
it upon himself to hire this sexy little firecracker.
- Lincoln Meyer (Link) - As you can imagine, the loss of
Silas hit the crew very hard. Though they were reluctant
to replace him, the crew was in need of a new diver. They
first encountered Link when he hacked into the ship's
computer core and took control of the ship's systems.
Eventually they tracked the young diver down. Rather
than kill him, like Monty wanted, Dante offered Link a
place on the crew.
- Mordecai Vance (Morty) - After the incident Mickey
stayed behind to care for Silas, leaving the Chimera
without a medic. That quickly became an untenable
situation in their line of work. They tried to find a
competent doctor to join the crew, instead they ended up
- Daelyn Everett (D.C.) - D.C. wasn't actually hired to be a
member of the crew. They met her during their first job in
the Empyrean System. At first she was viewed as a
necessary evil, but she has since demonstrated her
usefulness. Who knows, in time she might even come to
- Galatea (Tayah) - Galatea is a gynoid that the crew
"acquired" and modified to serve as a assistant.
The "incident" left an indelible mark on Valentine Recovery and Salvage. Several members of
the crew were either dead of missing. Deuce gathered those that remained aboard the
Chimera and returned home to Shepherd's Moon.
- Amos McShane (Mack) - When Dante was promoted to project manager, they needed to
hire new people to operate in the field. Mack was the first of those hires. Mack tended to
solve problems by either shooting something or pounding on it until it did what he wanted it
to do. It's not that he was dumb. He simply prefered it that way. Mack was a valuable
member of the crew until the "incident". Mack was among those killed during the incident.
- David Nashlan (Nash) - Nash graduated second in his class from the flight academy. He
was Deuce's choice for the ship's pilot, but after loosing a flying competition to Sephie, he
became the its co-pilot instead. After the incident, he followed Deuce back to Shepherd's
Moon where he still serves as the primary pilot for the VRS salvage yard.
- Francis Corcoran (Corky) - Corky is the second member of the field team. Like Mack,
Corky tended to think with his fists. Unlike Mack, this was usually a matter of necessity
rather than personal preference. Also like Mack, Corky did not survive the incident.
- Mikayla Hunter (Mickey) - Mikayla was the last member of the crew to be hired. She's
the ship's medic, so technically she's a member of the operations team. Even though
Dante was in charge of operations, it was Deuce who hired Mickey, mostly to get back at
Dante for hiring Sephie. When Silas's injury left him severely debilitated, Mickey stayed
behind to continue to care for him.