- Archimedes (Archie) - Archimedes is the oldest of the nine Valentine siblings. He's
the boss at Valentine Recovery & Salvage... or so he claims.
- Duessa (Deuce) - The second of the Valentine children and the eldest female,
Duessa acts as a mother to her seven brothers and sister... much to their continued
annoyance. She also serves as the captain of the Chimera, VRS's custom built fast
- Amadeus (Amy) - Amy is the third child in the family. Until recently, he served as
the project manager for VRS, going out into the field to oversee operations. Since
the construction of the Chimera, Amy has remained at the yard. Instead of
overseeing operations in the field, he now oversees the company's finances. Most
recently, he was arrested for the murder of Amsted Olech, a prominent
- Nathaniel (Nathan) - Nathan is, as you might have guessed by now, the fourth child
of the Valentine family. He was the company's primary field operative. With the
construction of the Chimera, he was promoted to Project manager and now oversees
the crew on all field operations... a job that he absolutely despises. Nathan is the
narrator of the Valentine Chronicles.
- Andromeda (Andi) - Andi is the fifth child, second daughter, and first of the
Valentine twins. She has a naturally gifted mechanic. He siblings often say she gets
along better with machines than she does humans. She acts as the chief (and only)
engineer aboard the Chimera.
- Silvanus (Silas) - Silas is the second of the Valentine twins, which makes him the
sixth child... two facts Andi never lets him forget. Like Andi, Silas is also gifted,
though his gift is with computers. He is the crew's diver, gathering information from
the CEA on their clients and jobs.
- Tarek (Terry) - Terry isn't as gifted as Andi when it comes to machines, but he is still
a competent mechanic. He's the shop foreman at the yard, overseeing the yard
monkeys as they tear down vehicles and try to salvage parts for resale.
- Montgomery (Gomer) - Gomer was always a special child, at least that's what most
of his siblings told him... and still tell him. His gift is thinking outside the box. Gomer
has a unique ability to make a three hundred credit repair on a thirty credit budget.
That comes in handy when you're fixing something, but is of limited value when you
work for a company that specializes in tearing things apart.
- William Raymond (Billy Ray) - The youngest of the Valentine children, Billy Ray
was only three years old when his parents were killed. He was raised by his
brothers and sisters while they were struggling to keep the family business afloat.
Gomer has been trying to teach him the business as best he can, but for now, Billy
Ray is stuck doing the jobs no one else wants to do. He's the only member of the
family relegated to the role of shop monkey.
- Location - Shepherd's Moon, orbiting the gas giant Trivers in the Danuan system
- Manfred Albrecht (Manny) - With Andy aboard the Chimera, the yard needed an
engineer of its own. Amy hired Manny to fill that role.
- Alphonse Kreiger (Fonzie) - Fonzie is one of the shop monkeys and Tarek's best friend.
- Jason Harring - Jason is another shop monkey.
- Theron Skyler (T.S.) - T.S. is the yard pilot. He brings the yard crew out to job sites and
tows in wrecks that can't get to the yard under their own power.
- Aphrodite Kalista Madori (Kali) - The pilot of the
Chimera, she was hired by Greysin, even though ship
operations is strictly Deuce's purview. Though she was a
skilled pilot, there was no question why Nathan took it
upon himself to hire this sexy little firecracker.
- David Nashlan (Nash) - Nash graduated second in his
class from the flight academy. He was Deuce's choice for
the ship's pilot, but after loosing a flying competition to
Kali, he became the its co-pilot instead.
- Amos McShane (Mack) - When Nathan was promoted to
project manager, they needed to hire new people to
operate in the field. Mack was the first of those hires.
Mack tends to solve problems by either shooting
something or pounding on it until it does what he wants it
to. It's not that he's dumb by any means. He simply
prefers it that way.
- Francis Corcoran (Corky) - Corky is the second member
of the field team. Like Mack, Corky tends to think with his
fists. Unlike Mack, this is usually a matter of necessity
rather than personal preference.
- Mikayla Hunter (Mickey) - Mikayla was the last member
of the crew to be hired. She's the ship's medic, so
technically she's a member of the operations team. Even
though Greysin is in charge of operations, it was Deuce
who hired Mickey, mostly to get back at Nathan for hiring
- Daelyn Everett (D.C.) - D.C. wasn't actually hired to be a
member of the crew. They met her during their first job in
the Empyrean System. At first she was viewed as a
necessary evil, but she has since demonstrated her
usefulness. Who knows, in time she might even come to
- Galatea (Tayah) - Galatea is a gynoid constructed by
Gomer to serve as his assistant. Once the crew met the
robot, "her" value quickly became apparent. They almost
stole Tayah, like they had the Chimera, but Gomer saw
that "she" would better serve as a member of the crew and
willingly parted with his creation.