- Amos McShane (Mack) - When Dante was promoted to project manager, they needed to
hire new people to operate in the field. Mack was the first of those hires. Mack tended to
member of the crew until the "incident," where he gave his life in defense of his crewmates.
- Andromeda (Andi) - Andi is a gifted mechanic and was the chief engineer aboard the
- Duessa (Deuce) - Duessa had been the pilot of the Horizon. After loosing her arm in the
Horizon explosion, Duessa served as the captain of the Chimera.
- Asherah Madori (Ashe) - The pilot of the Chimera, Ashe was hired by Dante, even
though ship operations was strictly Deuce's purview at the time. Though she was a skilled
pilot, there was no question why Dante took it upon himself to hire this sexy little
- David Nashlan (Nash) - Nash graduated second in his class from the flight academy. He
was Deuce's choice for the ship's pilot, but after loosing a flying competition to Ashe, he
became the its co-pilot instead. After the incident, he followed Deuce back to Shepherd's
Moon where he still serves as the primary pilot for the Chimera flying out of the VRS
- Durante (Dante) - Dante was the company's primary field operative before the Horizon
exploded. With the construction of the Chimera, he was promoted to Project manager and
oversaw the crew on all field operations... a job that he absolutely despised.
- Francis Corcoran (Corky) - Corky was the second member of the field team. Like Mack,
Corky tended to think with his fists. Unlike Mack, this was usually a matter of necessity
rather than personal preference. Like Mack, Corky gave his life to save his crewmates.
- Mikayla Hunter (Mickey) - Mikayla was the last member of the Chimera crew to be hired.
She was the ship's medic, so technically she was a member of the operations team. Even
though Dante was in charge of operations, it was Deuce who hired Mickey... mostly to get
back at Dante for hiring Ashe. (For the record, Dante was more than happy to allow
Deuce to hire the medic in exchange for the hot young pilot.)
- Silvanus (Silas) - Like Andi, Silas is also gifted, though his gift is with computers. He was
the crew's diver, gathering information from the CEA on their clients and jobs until the
incident left him severely debilitated.
When the Horizon exploded, VRS needed a means of making money. After all, you can't
really run a space salvage company without a spaceship. Though they didn't have a
ship, they did have a salvage yard. So they built a ship from the corpses of other ships.
Monty designed the Chimera to favor function over form... and he succeeded. It was
extremely maneuverable for its size and ugly as hell. In fact, Dante once said that it
looked like "a hunchbacked gorilla that fell out of a tree and landed on its face."